Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Beginning of 2023 - January 2023

 After Christmas, we traveled back to St. George, finished packing the trailer, loaded ourselves in the car and truck and began our yearly journey to Yuma, Arizona.  This year, I was still in a boot and so driving was difficult (besides, I wasn't myself yet) so Adrian drove me and the car down.  She was able to stay a few days and see how we live, go on a RZR ride, and meet all the neat people we associate with.

Theron drove Adrian to Phoenix where she caught a flight home and now we are on our own.  

I wore my boot faithfully the month of January.  Most of the skin graft was healed and only a small area between the toes was taking a long time to heal.  It was frustrating sleeping in a boot, so I complained about it to Theron and he invented a small support for bedtime.  What better use of duct tape and cardboard.  It worked, sleep finally.


The middle of January, around my mom's 90th birthday, January 18, Theron and I drove back up north to see the doctor for my foot and tend grandchildren.  Ali was turning 12 in February so Marc and Brittney wanted to take her on a 12th birthday trip.  They went to Disneyland and Theron and I stayed with Tyce, Mason and Kacy.

While there, we celebrated my mom's 90th birthday by taking cake and ice cream to the assisted living center and sharing with all the patients and staff.  Mom was just getting over having some squamous cell carcinoma removed from in front of her ear.  She is doing well and seems to have adapted to all things that have changed.

We were fortunate that it did not snow while we were there, so my foot stayed dry.  The doctor did tell me that I could start wearing a shoe on my foot again.  This was now very helpful and I could walk without bending my toes that helped continue the healing.

We then returned to Yuma where we were asked to be TFH Consultants - image that.  Each Monday, we met with individual members of the Branch to help them with their family history questions.  It has been a good experience getting to know some people on a very personal level.  There are so many different family stories and situations.  It's amazing that any of us grow up and are normal - whatever normal is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...