Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Cameron Todd Paschal, age 12

On March 20, 2014, Cameron turned 12.  This is a special birthday for every young man and woman in our Church.  Cameron was ordained on Sunday, March 23, with our entire family and most of Paschal's there.  We filled the classrooms at the Church.

A few weeks before, Cameron and I were traveling to Mr. Mac's to pick out a suit.  Cameron told me he didn't want me to be sad, but as soon as he could go to the Temple he was going to do baptisms.  (Meaning, if I wasn't there, he was going anyway; he was not waiting.)  Well, Sunday afternoon just after his ordination, he was in the Bishop's office getting his recommend.  Mutual had been cancelled for Tuesday, so he announced to everyone - Tuesday, I'm going to the Temple.

Theron and I were able to drive down and witness this historic event in our family.  Again, my heart was full.  This is what you raise children for - to give you spiritual blessings that can come in no other way.  We watched as Todd baptized Cameron for members of our family.  Adrian was also baptized and confirmed for others that same night.

The highlight was ice cream after at Baskin Robins and to listen to Cameron tell Taylor about the experience and the size of the baptismal font and that the oxen were white and not gold, and on and on.  The warm spiritual feeling will stay with me for a long time.


Congratulations Cameron and may you continue to have such a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...