Saturday, March 14, 2020

A new Decade, A new Year - 2020

The beginning of 2020 started just like last year with one of the parents in the hospital.  My dad had a heart attack and could not walk.  Mom had to call the ambulance for a ride to the McKay Hospital in Ogden.  As she told me, 'we are going to stop having a New Year celebration and my birthday (January 18) in coming years.'  Last year, she was having a heart operation and this year my dad spent some time in the hospital and then a month in a rehab center getting his muscles strengthened.  He recovered well and has since been driving again.  When do children take that license away?  I worry every time she tells me they have gone to Ogden or that they are planning some other trip around Morgan.

As we were sending text messages and calls around to my siblings, it became apparent that there were feelings that were running deep.  Denzil made all kinds of snide comments about me being in Yuma and never doing anything.  Linda just doesn't talk to me or mom and dad.  Rodney was mostly too busy to drive mom to the rehab center, but did from time to time.  There is absolutely no 'charity' among us as siblings - enough said.

Mason and Taylor Ordained
This year, we didn't go to Yuma until after the first weekend.  Mason and Taylor were being ordained. Even though Mason is just 11, under the new Church procedures for entering Young Men, he was ordained in January with all the new deacons.  Taylor was ordained a priest.

How wonderful to have these two young men ordained to the priesthood.  They are both very loving grandsons and we are so, so proud of them.

This is Taylor with Brother Phillips and his bishop.  Look how tall and handsome he is with Adrain and Todd.



Marc and Brittney have a cute family and they celebrate every occasion.  This makes things so special.

I love this photo of Marc and Mason.  Proud that Marc could ordain him and that Mason is growing into a strong priesthood young man.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...