Sunday, December 22, 2019

A November Catch-Up on the Family

November is a month of thankfulness.  I am so thankful for our family and extended family.  We were able to visit with Norm and Elynn one day on one of our trips up north.  Elynn has suffered many years with MS and Norm is now being treated for prostate cancer.  However, I never hear them complain.  Elynn still makes fun of her condition and can laugh about life.  I'm thankful for them.

Kendall turned 86 in November and we had a great visit with he and Denae on his birthday.  He is still out trying to improve things around his house, taking out old asphalt and putting in pavers and grass in the old driveway.  It was a delight this year to have him come visit and take a rzr ride in the canyons.  I'm thankful for his testimony of the gospel that was such an example to me.

Curt had nose surgery just a week before Thanksgiving and they were able to make some needed repairs so things drain better and he can breath better.  I hope this helps his ears.  While there, we attended the kids soccer games.  I'm so thankful that these kids are healthy, so many things could have gone wrong, but they didn't.


Curt, Melanee, Lauren, Brooky and Jesse came for Thanksgiving this year.  It was cold, but we made the best of it.  Craig and Judy Christensen couldn't go up north because Craig was scheduled for open heart surgery and had to stay close to home.  We invited them to dinner.  I'm grateful for family - all of them.  My mother called one day and she said something that made my heart swell.  She said, "I called your kids and asked them to bring salads to the Christmas party because I know I can depend on them."  That is one of the most precious things I can remember my mother telling me.

My dad turned 89 this year in November.  He is old, but hanging in there.

I'm thankful for Theron who is my life and love. 

Life is worth being grateful for as I share it with others.  Love to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...