Wednesday, November 6, 2019

A Little Hospital Time

I had just enjoyed a luau at the Brio Clubhouse, helped clean up, and walked home.  Two hours later, I was wretching and had diarrhea and didn't know what was happening.  After spending a very restless night, I got up around 5:30 a.m. to use the bathroom and well - bloody stool.  Okay, Theron, it's time to go to the hospital and see what's wrong.  After running several tests in the ER, they had me transferred to a short-term patient care room (Not quite in the hospital, but still part of the ER.) and the diagnosis came back that I had a generic e-coli.  I was to stay over night.  I can honestly say that I have never been that sick with anything.  The cramps, the bloody stool, not being able to eat, drinking from an IV.  Don't know where or when it took residency in my body, but I'm certainly glad it's gone.


Jesse had a second eye surgery and he enjoyed it up to coming out of the anesthesia.  He gets a little combative.  His eye seems to be doing very well and we hope no more surgeries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...