Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sleigh Bells Ring

Okay, it's only a few weeks late, but I have to end the year so I can get the book published for this year.  I keep wondering why I can't keep up with a simple blog, but I can't.  So, this is about a newer tradition that we have started since the kids were married and we had grandchildren -- a Christmas Family Home Evening.  In the past we have made gingerbread houses and trains (the tradition isn't very old); this year we made candy cane sleighs - thank you Pinterest for a fun idea.

On the 23rd, we gathered at our house and plugged in the hot glue guns and spread out the candy.  You glue a candy cane to each side of a large candy bar and that forms the sleigh bed.  I'm a traditionalist but I really appreciate the creativity of the family.  There were travel trailers added, a box of candy bars made to hold a stack of candy, and just plain fun -- thanks to all.











After the fun, a little time was spent using our wood nativity to act out the Christmas story from Luke.  This year we gave the DVD, "Christmas for a Dollar".  Each year we try to find a good Christmas book for each family.  Love to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...