Saturday, February 23, 2013

Disney World, Epcot and Universal

February started off with "travel."  Theron had a consulting job in Florida for BSD, so he found a cheap airline ticket for me and I flew down to Fort Lauderdale later the first week in February - Feb 2 - Feb 6.  Since we returned from our mission, Theron has wanted to go to Disneyland - well, we did.  We stayed at the Pop Culture Disney Resort and spent one day at Disney World Magic Kingdom - we dragged home.  Lots of ibuprofen and tums and a semi-good night's sleep.  I like the Buzz Lightyear ride the best and I always enjoy It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted House.

The next day, we decided to do Universal Studios.  There were a few rides, we didn't go to the roller coaster side.  This day was spent walking and looking, not as fun as I remember Universal to be.  Again a night with lots of ibuprofen and tums.

The third day, we were off to Epcot Center.  After a few incidental rides, we went on the Mars Explorer - it feels so much like being launched into space, a little weightlessness, and lots of spinning.  Okay, I got off of that one and had to wait for an hour or so before I could do anything else.  After that ride, it was some fairly calm things and lots of walking around the various country spots.  The last of the days of ibuprofen and tums.

The last day, we had to drive to Fort Lauderdale about 3.5 hours away and I had a splitting headache all the way home on the flights.  For four days after, I was sick, but "happy" to have been in the "happiest place on earth."  I think we have had our Disneyland fix for a few years!

It was a great winter get-away.  The palm trees were swaying, the grass was green, the sun was shining, the temperature was okay - a little chilly in the morning and evening, but great during the bulk of the day.  TRIP #1 - 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...