Monday, February 1, 2021

Life Goes On - Our Family is Still Having Fun!

Taylor participated in the State High School Mountain Bike race in St. George the first part of November.  He had a tough race with two flat tires.  This was the race that Zaxton Woods crashed at the finish line and had a small concussion and some large gravel rashes.  Keep going Taylor.  You look so good on those mountain trails.
 

We learned how to make pomegranate jelly.  Ellsworths gave us some pomegranates to go with our five that we produced this year.  We had to buy this new press to extract the juice.  Theron's applied the muscle; I cooked and bottled the jelly.




The end of November, I had an operation on my right eye.  I had some large floaters that were obstructing my vision.  The doctor also reattached a piece of my retina.  It took a couple of weeks for me to recover, but this really was a good operation.  I have to add here that my sister, Lisa, had cataracts taken from both eyes and my mom has a disease in one of her eyes that is slowly making the eye blind.  Guess it runs in the family.  I'm so thankful for modern medicine.









The newest member of Curt's family arrived a little before Christmas - Mr. Buttons.  A nice black and white cat.  He is learning how to survive being handled by three five-year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...