Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Christmas Cookies

I have tried to continue a holiday tradition of having all the kids and grandchildren up to make gingerbread houses or trains or something.  This year, the schedules just wouldn't allow for a day with the whole family. 

I couldn't let it go so on Christmas Eve day all the grandchildren, Adrian and Marc came up and we made sugar cookies.  Ali, Mason and Tyce helped put the batter together.  Tyce liked that he could crack an egg.  It was delightful to watch him look intently at Ali and Mason and see what he was supposed to do and then smile when it was his turn.


When the batter was "resting".  We entertained ourselves with an indoor snowball fight using some fluffy snowballs we purchased for just such an event.  I was planning on reading a story, but that was too long and boring to keep them entertained for more than one minute.

We then cut cookies, baked cookies, made tiny pizzas and then frosted cookies.  I think everyone got their fill of eating cookies, also.

Adrian and I made a 'special' batch for Neala's family - we tried to protect her as much as we could!

I love these kids and hope we are indeed building memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...