Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mother's Day - May 19, 2013

I dearly love my mother and thank her for all she has done for me over these many years.  She is the most kind person I know.  She will literally give you the shirt off her back if you needed it.  She has always been a people person; she loves to talk to others and she loves to tell stories about all of us.  Yes, sometimes it's a little embarrassing, but you now what?  That's her way of telling us she is proud of us and loves us.  Mom, I love you.

My dear sweet daughter, Adrian, is another woman that I honor.  I appreciate that she was such an easy child to raise with such a sweet spirit and happy countenance.  She has had her share of struggles but she is so resilient that no one knows.  There have been many times I have wanted my testimony to be as strong as hers; many times I envy her weekly Temple days; and often I envy how great she is with Cameron and Taylor.  She is a great mother, a great woman in the gospel, and a tremendous daughter!  I love you Adrian.

I admire my daughter-in-law, Brittney.  She has so much energy and is such a wonderful mother and wife.  I love how you love Marc.  You expressed in your testimony that he keeps you grounded; thanks for recognizing his creative ways.  I can't imagine how some of her days must be - three small children, running a surgeon's office, and doing all other things around her home that require her attention.  Brittney has such a good heart.  She is always aware of her relative's needs and always aware of birthdays and other special events.  I also love the sugar cookies she makes and lets the kids decorate each holiday; that is so special to see these little ones stand at our door and honor us with these cookies.  I love you Brittney.

Melanee, you are not a mother - yet, but I love how you love Curt.  You understand his humor, you understand his work-aholic ways, and you love him for who he is.  We can't wait to see you as a mother; you will be a very special mother.  I love you Melanee.

Thank you all for the special flowers.  Happy Mother's Day to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...