Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A Sunflower Party with Missionary Friends

Sister Sheryl Sullivan is a retired school teacher, a widow and a family history missionary.  She also loves parties.  Neala would have been so impressed.

I was invited to her September party - Sunflowers and Owls.  She keeps a Christmas tree up all year and it becomes her party tree.  It was decorated in sunflowers and owls.  She changes pictures on the wall, she changes the dishes in her cupboard to match the theme.  She goes all out.  I was impressed.

After dinner, we were given a blank canvas to paint a picture of sunflowers.  I used to love to paint and at one time wanted to be an artist, I just didn't have the gift for it and gave it up.  But, I painted this picture of sunflowers.

Meeting new people and trying new things is the best part of moving to St. George.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...