Friday, January 11, 2013

Is it really 2013?

The year 2013 is now upon us; some, me included thought this would not be possible.  After all, we all read 1984 and after it passed we thought we were safe.  The year 2000 passed without danger and now we are 13 years later and deeply in trouble in our sweet America.  That's the best political statement I'm going to make; the family knows my views.

This year we are looking forward to a new grandson.  Brittney and Marc are expecting him in March.  We are also looking forward to Curt and Melanee's wedding - date to be determined.  I have decided against back surgery and will put it off as long as I can.  Theron and I will continue to work on the humanitarian history project for the Church.  Neala's son Darrin is expecting twin girls and we are all looking forward to this event.  My mother turns 80 next week.  The rest is in the future and we anticipate it with open arms.  Let the good times roll.  Oh, a heads up to the kids, we are looking at an Asia cruise, so if we come up missing for about 30 days, you can find us somewhere in the oceans of Asia -- dates to be determined.

The weather has been cold and snowy so the lawn is still full of Christmas decorations.  Theron has programmed the big tree to stand as a beacon in the storm; I would have been content with one of the strands of lights on the house being lite at night.  It just wasn't showy enough.

I would hope to write more this year, at least once per week, but that is yet to be determined - um, there seems to be a yet to be determined theme here.  Does this mean my prozac has finally calmed down my A personality?

Happy New Year 2013.
We are all waiting to see the workings of the CNC Machine, also.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year - 2024

 As with all new years, I approach it with some goals in mind and expecting changes to occur in both our life and the lives of our family.  ...